Thursday, December 31, 2009

So long, farewell...

Second note of the night...I'm welcoming the last day of the year with a quiet nite view of KLCC, KL Tower & Genting...the sky is rather reddish tonight...sure it's gonna rain later...and it's gloomy too...I'm in similar mode anyway...hope this would not be a sleepless nite...

Finally...2009 has come to an end. I can't really seem to recall last year's new year eve or how did I spent new year. Where was I and what was I doing? Gosh...signs of aging! But truly undeniable that God has bee faithfully walking with me throughout the year. Lots of ups and downs that I'm unwilling to recall and pen down...but His grace is every sufficient for me. His love is ever enough for me. His mercy is ever waiting for me.

I have not recall setting any specific goals for the year...or maybe I'm too tired renewing them year after year...but there are things that I've successfully done and failed to do...but all in all I want to thank God that He had planned every detail of my life so carefully and His plans are good.

1) I wanted to grow stronger in loving God...but now I've learnt to pray carefully because when we ask, He will give. And there was I, struggling with life's two greatest disappointments...but ended up He was greater above all. And humbly may I express my gratitude to Him for giving me strength to love Him more. Those precious lessons and experiences are unforgettable yet valuable for strengthening my walk with Him.

2) I wanted to have a breakthrough in serving God. Thank God for giving me the chance to lead 2 Campus CG this year. Growing together with them is the greatest privilege I can have in GEPC.

3) I planned my first wedding ever for my best friends - J&Y. Thank God for His grace everything went well and I must say that this is one of the best weddings I've attended so far. I find passion in weddings and am seriously considering to learn more in this area...probably in mind to take up freelance wedding planning...

4) I wrote a song! This is definitely not in my list but I did it anyway...as a gift for J&Y wedding. Thanks to D who helped me a lot for this song and it really feels wonderful to have walked down the aisle in this piece...simply indescribable...

5) I visited Hong Kong! Though tickets has been purchased last year yet the H1N1 was said to be serious during the time...thank God everything went smooth and I went and came back healthily :) The trip was awesome and given a chance I must say I will visit again and again...I'm so not done with the food, sight-seeing, shopping...and many more!

6) I changed my phone....was a long waited need though it is not considered as an accomplishment...but I want to thank God for His provision and 'blessings'...you know who you are...thanks for your love!

7) Also, lastly, but nothing to shout about...I took a big step earlier this year in a relationship. Thank God for His love that has brought me through. I have not looked back ever since and I pray that He will continue to lead me on.

So what have I not done?
1) I wanted to be healthier...well I seemed to fail this year after year...gastric wind has been attacking more than ever especially towards the end of the year...probably stress I would conclude. I pray for His healing to take place. Only He knows every single cell and discomfort in me. But i thank God I lose a few inches and shed off my flabs a bit. At least I feel lighter now. haha...

2) I wanted to have a move in my jxx (for me to know and for you to guess) but somehow doors were opened and closed and opened and closed. Even until this hour this is one of the thing that is keeping me awake!

3) I wanted to go to beach/sea/island trip...followed by the cancellation of the Bali trip...I had to settle with Rompin little to know that it was a teh tarik sea! haha....much laughter follows....

Kesimpulannya, I would say 2009 is a year of faithfulness. Meaning it in many ways.
Somehow different from past years...I want to look forward to what is going to come. Let the past be at the back where it was. I will be setting new goals for the year...with new hope for the year to come...

And to start the new year? I'm going back to my beloved hometown to spend time with my dearest mummy. Journey mercy to all who travels...we don't need another news on the page...

So long, farewell 2009.

0 CANDLELIGHTS: