Monday, December 7, 2009

Bridal March

I hadn't really know how much I love the bridal march (the original bridal chorus from Richard Wagner...yes the one we hear over and over again during weddings) until I kept listening to them and having goosebumps all over. Is it the song? The lyrics? Or the meaning behind the significant day? Modern people perceive marriage as just a paper, some even think it is unnecessary...if two person is happily living together and ok with the idea of not getting married, so be it! But if you're committed enough why not get married? Call me old-fashioned, I still believe in marriage, the wedding ceremony and it's in a girl's dreams (or rather speaking for my own) that she'll one day walk down the aisle with the white gown.

Yet, having to wait for my own moment to come (if it will ever come), I realized that I love weddings not just the idea of two person getting married, but to be part of it, it just simply makes me happy. Am honored for the first time to plan a wedding, and to be the Maid-of-Honor, for my best friends J&Y (I bet at this point they are too busy to read this)...but to have less than 3 weeks to their wedding, I'm getting more and more excited and anticipating to complete the projects to make the day beautiful and memorable for them.

Listening to a humble piece of my own...thought it's yet to be completed...
Just a thought, I hope to write more bridal marches & plan more weddings.
Perhaps someday, my own bridal march...

0 CANDLELIGHTS: