Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A wish came true...

I've wanted to get away to an island or at least a beach...amidst all the hectic days going on since towards the end of last year...with the Pangkor Island plans going silent to nowhere...I thought this will not happen until who-knows-when...but God has been good and He made my wish came true! Well...in another way but still...it was a great weekend off at Sibu Island!

On 15th Jan 4.30am we reached the lobby of PS. The familiar GJ is still unopened on a relaxing friday morning...roads are nice to travel as i reached in less than 8 mins from home! There we started our journey, 3 hours on PLUS and 3 hours on the winding trunk road. I was soundly asleep after a while reading as the nite earlier i hardly slept. Winding roads are no threat to me. And there we were, at the jetty of Tanjung Leman via Kulai. Finally i caught a glimpse of water & huge wind...we cant even take a photo correctly without holding my hair...but the feeling of the wind hitting my face was simply great...

Coming up next was what I call unexpected. The boat ride heading Sibu Island, the 30 mins was challenging. It was roller coaster all the way as the sea was very choppy. January is the worst Monsoon season they have here and trust me, my pal googled on how to avoid motion sickness before she got on board...many people felt uneasy and wanted to puke...for me...It's just the usual roller coaster feeling that I don't like...the one where you feel your heart drop. Mine dropped numerous times in the boat carrying 50 over of us. But as soon as all these 'storm' were over...what's in front made me forgot all of it...



Total peace and tranquility. I forgotten bout the rough boat ride earlier...meetings over meetings and activities that lined up doesnt seem bad after all...when I'm just here...I felt so free. When I was here looking at this beach and enjoying the seabreeze...I can't help to say, "Thank You"...He's so Almighty yet detailed enough to grant my little wish and make me happy.

On the 2nd nite we were out sitting at this beach looking up...stars filled the whole sky...so much just like the descendants of Abraham....uncountable....someone said, 'Ei why didnt we see this much stars in KL?'...the other answered, 'If you're in KL, usually during this time if you're still outside you would be rushing to get home. How often will you look up there?' haha...true enough. In the midst of our busy-ness in life, how often do we look up?

3 days passed in just a wink of an eye...I left the island with its souvenir of body aches all over...but it was worth every bit of it. And on our way back, we left through Kluang, passing by the familiar childhood house of grandpa's. The familiar Shell station has turned into Caltex...and there was a big signboard which says 'Agape Shelter' at the field. That very field had lots of our laughter and tears, all of me and my cousins through our growing years. That familiar court, was once a place filled with drum rolls and cheers of Lion Dance, as well as our yearly reunion on firecrackers...those were the days...and I'm glad I caught a glimpse of this place again. I'm glad though I'll never get to stay in this place again, it has now been used for His glory, to be a shelter for those who need this place more than myself.

Back to routine in the heart of KL. I enjoyed the weekend a lot, enjoyed that night a lot, where I just looked up the skies and stars and marvelled at His creation. My eyes looked up, so does my heart.

0 CANDLELIGHTS: